Monday, January 4, 2010

"This Much"


“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 (NIV)
My daughter plays a game with her little girl. “How much do you love Mommy?” Carrie asks her little daughter.  My grandchild will spread her arms out wide and reply, “This much.” “How much do you love Daddy?” my daughter asks, continuing the game. “This much,” is the enthusiastic answer from Erika.

This little game reminds me of how much God also loved us “this much.” He loved us so much “that he gave us his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.’


2 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I'm late getting to it, but I wanted to stop by and wish you a happy, happy new year, my friend. May God fill each day with an awareness of small joys. May He give you fresh eyes to see His hand in events beyond your control. May you feel blessed each day. Happy new year!

Rita said...

Oh that we could love the way He does! Sounds like God has blessed your life with a lot of sweetness! How wonderful that you have a daughter and a granddaughter!