Monday, March 30, 2015

What I Learned at Disney World

On my vacation this week I observed several things. First, Joy is contagious. 

Second, people can be incredibly kind. I met a family who had driven all the way from Maine with their handicapped daughter and their service dog. The man gave up his seat on the shuttle bus for me. They were the nicest people and told me that they lived in the same town as Stephen King. He definitely had the Yankee accent! Most of the Disney employees were super friendly and asked us where we were from. One cashier was a college intern from Alaska; one of our waiters was from Brooklyn, New York; another from Hawaii; and the tall blonde with the beautiful smile who waited on us at the Princess breakfast was from Norway. And third, it proves that no matter what your native language is, or your native dress, put on your Nikes and a pair of Mickey ears, and the world is a better place.



Epcot



Epcot

                                                         
                                                        Space Mountain



Mae-Mae, my youngest granddaughter, almost four.


A storybook garden


Animal Kingdom

3 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

Reading this made me smile. I love, love, LOVE Disney. We are planning and dreaming of another trip. It's been too long. You've given me added motivation.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello greetings and good wishes.

Lovely photos.

Very interesting write up.

Your observations about joy is very true. You smile at people and they will automatically smile back at you.

Best wishes

Anita said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Joseph, and for visiting my blog. Best wishes to you, as well.