Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The End of Summer

Labor Day weekend seems to officially mark the end of summer, although the children have been in school for more than a month. My younger daughter and her husband have a camper, so I was thrilled to spend the day at the lake with my grandchildren. For a treat we went to an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. The town itself is right out of a vintage magazine.
The lake was quiet and peaceful. The children had fun riding on the golf cart with their "Paw Paw."
I came home that night and slept well after all the fresh air.






1 comment:

Janet, said...

Hi, Anita. Sounds like you had a great time. I love those little towns and I love camping. Cairo, WV has a little ice cream shop and in their front window, they have a huge collection of ice cream scoops.