Sunday, April 9, 2017

Pictures

Growing up in my era we didn't take a lot of pictures. Of course, there were the school pictures, which I dreaded, and Mom rarely bought because they were so hideous. And then there were the obligatory holiday pictures with the siblings in front of the Christmas tree, but not a lot of random photos were taken. With marriage and children I became the photographer in the family and always had my Kodak 35 mm camera handy and the photo albums filled up fast. Still, we didn't take as many pictures as people do today with their smart phones. After going to a visitation of an old neighbor of mine I realized you can't ever take too many photos. Because those photos leave a legacy of love and family. And one of these days those photos will hold the memories of your loved one. So take all the pictures you want.

2 comments:

Janet, said...

That is so true. I still have my mom's old camera. It was a Spartus and you had to hold it down in front of your body and look into the lens that was on top of the camera. She wasn't the best photographer, but she loved to take pictures. Now a days we seem to take pictures of anything and everything.

lil red hen said...

Anita, thank you so much for leaving a comment for me while my blog is in a "resting" period. I still read other's blog posts but just can't seem to get in the mood to write for mine. Maybe some day...

This was an interesting post about pictures. I don't have many pictures of our family taken when I was a child. Before the farmer and I got married we purchased a 35mm Sears Roebuck camera and took hundreds of pictures, mostly slides of our kids when they came along. Now photography has taken on a whole different approach to having thousands of pictures instantly. But I miss having pictures to hold in my hand in an album, and wonder how it will be for the grandchildren to not have this kind of picture.

Hope to see a post from you too. lol