Thursday, February 10, 2011

Letter From God

(I wrote this a few years ago for my 5th Grade Sunday School class at the time.)


Dear Beloved,

Do you know how much I love you? I have loved you since before you were born. I loved you when I formed you in the womb of your mother.

I love you so much that I will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, my child, for I am always with you. My love for you endures forever.

Do not lose heart if I rebuke you, because I love you as my child and what father does not discipline the son he loves?

Remember, I am love. And if you live in love you will live in me and I in you. You do not need to be fearful, because perfect love will take away your fear.

So love one another, my child, just as I love you. Love your neighbor as yourself. And if you love me, also love your brother.

And because I love you so much I sent my one and only Son, that if you believe in me, you will not perish, but have eternal life.

Love, God




1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh, your children were so fortunate to get that letter. I hope as they grew up they remembered it with great fondness.