Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Amazing Grace


"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

My prayer list for January was long. I mentioned it in an earlier blog post. But today I am writing about  answered prayers.

My sister B. had her corneal transplant surgery yesterday. When the doctor removed the bandage from her eye, she was shocked. She could actually see the eye chart and make out the letters for the first time in years. My other sister, C. and I were both teary-eyed to see results this soon. My sister, who is several years younger than me, has had numerous eye surgeries through the years, starting when she was an infant. She was the kid in school with the thick glasses that everyone made fun of. She was the child bumping into things and falling down because of her poor eyesignt. She could never pass the eye exam to get her driver's license and was considered legally blind. B. worked as a Nursing assistant for years and had to quit work because of her eyesignt. So to have some of her vision restored is a miracle indeed.

My sister has the information about the donor. We read it, but she doesn't know the contents of the letter, only that it was a young woman who donated her cornea.  I feel like that young woman gave a gift of sight to my sister and I hope that God blesses her family with peace.

Amazing grace indeed!

1 comment:

Rita said...

What absolutely wonderful and fantastic news! I am so excited for your sister. It is never fun to be called "four eyes" and can be devastating to a young girl. I'm so glad that she has this wonderful thing happen to her in her later years! Blessings.