Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Mother's Prayers



Dear God, please let the baby sleep through the night. I am so tired.
Amen.

God, my little one is running a fever and not feeling well.
Please bring her back to good health.
Amen.

Dear Lord, now that she's walking I can't keep this house clean. She's into everything!
Please give me patience.
 Amen.

Lord, I can't wait until school starts! I pray that she likes her teacher and makes friends.
 Amen.

Dear God, I'm feeling stressed.
Ball practice, dance lessons, homework, children's choir.
Besides being a mother I am also a
room mother, PTA Mom, and Girl Scout leader.
Please keep me from pulling out all my hair!
 Amen.

Heavenly Father, I don't know where the time has gone.
 My baby girl just got her driver's permit.
 I can't help it! I don't want her to grow up.
 Amen.

God, this is a tough time for me. Tomorrow is the big day.
Graduation.
And in a few months she'll be off to college.
What am I going to do, Lord?
Amen.

Dear Lord, it's so quiet around here.
 I miss her already. When is Thanksgiving? 
Amen.




1 comment:

Rita said...

He's the only One who can help us through everything. How I miss my children when they were small, but am very thankful that they grew into men instead of not being able to grow!

Pictures

Growing up in my era we didn't take a lot of pictures. Of course, there were the school pictures, which I dreaded, and Mom rarely bought...